RELIGIOUS INSTITUTE 21 CHARLES STREET, 140 – WESTPORT, CT 06880 – 203-222-0055 – WWW.RELIGIOUSINSTITUTE.ORG
Type of Position:
|Religious Institute (www.religiousinstitute.org)
Scholar in Residence
30 to 40 hours per week
$30,000 to $40,000 annually
75% to 100% of cost of “bronze level” on health insurance exchange covered
October 1, 2014 –September 30, 2015 (may be renewable for second year)
Westport, CT accessible by Metro North commuter rail
The Scholar in Residence will provide direct program assistance on grant funded programs, including administrative tasks, online network management, conference and travel management, and research. The Scholar in Residence will also assist in general Religious Institute projects as needed.
- Provide research, program, and dissemination assistance on domestic and international reproductive justice, LGBT full inclusion, and sexuality education projects.
- Support project-related programs, events, and workshops including travel and conference planning (in collaboration with Office Director), coordination with host institutions, and arrangement of conference calls.
- Coordinate and schedule social media postings.
- Coordinate administrative tasks for specific projects, including filing, maintaining contacts, and general clerical assistance.
- Provide research and writing for publications, including creating new program resources.
- Represent the Religious Institute on coalition calls and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to sexual justice.
- Recent M.Div. or M.P.H. or related graduate degree
- Experience in not-for-profit agency in office-based job preferred.
- Experience with WordPress templates/websites, PHP, and/or Filemaker a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to take initiative in setting priorities and capacity to work independently on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff.
- Excellent oral communication, editing, and research skills. Public speaking skills preferred.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated use of MS Office programs, proficiency with social media, demonstrated ability to use (or learn to use) web-based programs such as Formstack, Google forms, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp, etc.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins immediately until position is filled.