Moderator Search Process
The charge of the MNC is to facilitate the process to solicit, recruit, screen, evaluate, and present qualified candidates for Moderator to the General Conference XXVI delegates for election in July 2016. The key components of the search process include:
- Conducting a thorough profile of MCC, which will be used inform the search and selection criteria for candidates for Moderator;
- Identifying, seeking, and recruiting prospective candidates who comply with the search criteria set forth by the MNC;
- Screening and assessing applicants using the selection criteria set forth by the MNC to determine suitable candidates for Moderator;
- Providing sufficient supporting documentation to assist the delegates in making informed; independent decisions as to the suitability of the candidates for Moderator;
- Presenting up to five (5) qualified candidates to the General Conference delegates for a vote.
We cannot stress enough that the search for the next Moderator of MCC is a spiritual process. Please pray for your MCC. Pray for our patience, discipline and wisdom to discern God’s will for MCC.
Search Process Timeline/Key Activities
The four phases of the Moderator search process: Listening, Seeking, Discerning, and Deciding, and the key activities to occur over the next two years within these phases are shown below:
Where are we in the process?