Dear MCC Leader:
We’re reaching out to you to ask for your congregation’s participation in MCC’s Easter Offering Campaign for Global Justice! As we’ve seen in the past year, this work is more important now than ever before.
Your church’s participation in the Easter Offering Campaign for Global Justice will accomplish amazing things in the lives of oppressed people and advance the cause of justice around the globe.
Beginning next week and continuing through Pentecost, I’ll share details of this year’s project with you and tell you about opportunities for your congregation to interact with representatives from the Global Justice Institute.
Last year, your generous Easter Offerings empowered the Global Justice Institute to work with grassroots organizations to:
|The Global Justice Institute joins with activists in Seoul to demand recognition of LGBTQ people.|
- Sponsor meetings in Kenya for affirming clergy working to create safe space for LGBTQI people;
- Fund a safe house in Nigeria and safe scattered site housing in Kenya for Queer refugees;
- Open the Asylum Seekers Assistance Program as the 1st full service ministry serving LGBTQI asylum seekers in New York City, offering legal, therapeutic and spiritual support, as well as peer mentorship;
- Participate in the International Consultation on Church and Homophobia at Jakarta Theological Seminary, producing a joint declaration on sexuality and human equality mentorship;
- Establish a partnership with Casabierta in Costa Rica, serving LGBTQI asylum seekers from Central America;
- Convene a working Board of Directors representing our global interests and work;
Our goals for accomplishments in for 2015 include but are not limited to:
- Further developing a partnership in Costa Rica for sheltering marginalized populations and working to reintegrate clients into society;
- Partnering to establish the 1st satelite location of the Global Justice Institute in Kenya, giving us a working base in Africa;
- Reviving the work of GJI and MCC in Jamaica;
- Expanding outreach and developing small groups offering support in China, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan;
- Developing contacts in Argentina;
- Expanding partnerships between local MCCs and GJI projects;
|Celebrating our new partnership with
Humanitas in Costa Rica!
By signing on, your church will support this critical work accomplished through the Global Justice Institute at a time when the support is needed globally more than ever!
TO SIGN UP TODAY:
Write to Global Justice Institute executive director Rev. Pat Bumgardner at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that your church will collect a special, designated 2015 Easter offering.
In the coming weeks, we’ll send you the tools you need to get your congregation excited about the Easter Offering and the work of the Global Justice Institute!
What better time could there be than Easter for our shared offerings to bring hope and promise to our global siblings?
Can I count on your response this week?
Grace and peace,
Rev. Dr. Nancy Wilson
Metropolitan Community Churches