An Easter Invitation from The Rev. Nancy L. Wilson
Office of the MCC Moderator
As You Prepare To Celebrate The Resurrection of Jesus Christ…
…I invite you to hold these three images in your heart:
- A young man sits pensively on the outskirts of Kampala, the capital of the East African nation of Uganda. His face is furrowed with worry for friends who have suffered persecution, violence — and, yes, death — solely because they were lesbian or gay. He wonders if it will be safe for him outside today. He wonders if anyone, anywhere, cares about the plight of tens of thousands of LGBT Ugandans just like him.
- A woman sits at an outdoor café in St. Petersburg, Russia, her face unable to hide the disappointment she feels. She wants — no, she needs! — the book published by MCC in the Russian language…the book that addresses her questions about homosexuality, faith and the Bible. She’s just learned that the first printing sold out. Until funds are raised to reprint this much needed book, no copies are available for so many just like her.
- On Easter Sunday, worshippers at MCC Philippines and MCC Makati City, our growing churches in the Philippines, will celebrate Jesus’ Resurrection with contagious joy and enthusiastic worship. These congregations are doing amazing ministry as they transform the culture of their nation; they are MCC’s anchor ministries to the continent of Asia!
Through your generosity, you can celebrate the joy of Easter this year by making a profound difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters in Uganda, Russia and the Philippines.
After you’ve shared your tithes and offerings through your local MCC congregation, I invite you to make a generous, over-and-above financial gift to this year’s MCC’s Easter Offerings for Global Ministries campaign.
Your generous donations to MCC’s Easter Offerings for Global Ministries
will go solely to support the vital work of our sisters and brothers
in Uganda, Russia and the Philippines!
There are three ways you can make your personal gift to MCC’s Easter Offerings for Global Ministries.
Won’t you select one of these options and share your gift today?
GIVING OPTION #1:
Locate an MCC Pacesetter church in the list below and make your contribution through a local participating church. For step-by-step guidelines, Click Here and scroll down the page to “Donate Through A Pacesetter Church.”
GIVING OPTION #2:
Visit the MCC Easter Offerings web page and scroll to the yellow “Donate” button to make your on-line donation.
GIVING OPTION #3:
Mail your donation via check or money order, made out to “Metropolitan Community Churches,” to P.O. Box 1374, Abilene, Texas 79604. In the notation section, add “Easter Offering.”
Thank you so much for your generosity and for your support of MCC’s global ministries.
As we together prepare to celebrate an empty tomb and the Risen Christ, this is my Easter prayer for you:
May your Easter be filled…
…with the joy of the Resurrection.
May your future be filled…
…with the hope of the Resurrection.
May your life be filled always…
…with the power of the Resurrection!
Rev. Nancy L. Wilson
Metropolitan Community Churches
Christ Is Risen!
Christ Is Risen Indeed!
MCC 2011 PACESETTER CHURCHES
Churches Participating in MCC’s Easter Offering for Global Ministries
1. achurch4me? MCC (Chicago, Illinois) – Rev. Kevin Downer, Pastor
2. Agape MCC (Ft, Worth, Texas) – Rev. David Wynn, Sr., Pastor
3. All God’s Children MCC (Minneapolis, Minnesota) – Rev. Paul Tucker, Pastor
4. Celebration MCC (Naples, Florida) – Rev. Rick Sosbe, Pastor
5. Central Texas MCC (Waco, Texas) – Rev. Charley Garrison, Pastor
6. Church of the Trinity MCC (Sarasota, Florida) – Rev. Charles Tigard, Pastor
7. Cornerstone MCC (Mobile, Alabama) – Rev. Lee Carlton, Pastor
8. Emerald City MCC (Seattle, Washington) – Rev. Ray Neal, Pastor
9. Exodus MCC (Abilene, Texas) – Rev. Margaret Walker, Pastor
10. First MCC (Wichita, Kansas) – Rev. Jackie Carter, Pastor
11. FirstCoast MCC (St. Augustine, Florida) – Rev. Ruth Jensen-Forbell, Pastor
12. Heartland Community MCC (Springfield, Illinois) – Tony Thieman-Somora, Pastoral Leader
13. Holy Covenant MCC (Brookfield, Illinois) – Rev. Danny Spears, Pastor
14. Imago Dei MCC (Pennsylvania) – Rev. Janice Bowker, Intentional Interim Specialist
15. Joy MCC (Orlando, Florida) – Rev. Lisa Heilig, Interim Pastor
16. King of Peace MCC (St. Petersburg, Florida) – Rev. Dr. Candace Shultis, Pastor
17. Living Springs MCC (Bath, England) – Rev. Kieren Bourne, Pastor
18. MCC Albuquerque (New Mexico) – Rev. Judith Maynard, Pastor
19. MCC Austin (Texas) – Rev. Karen Thompson, Pastor
20. MCC Baton Rouge (Louisiana) – Rev. Keith Mozingo, Pastor
21. MCC Boston (Massachusetts) – Rev. Michael Cooper, Pastor
22. MCC Cologne (Germany) – Rev. Ines-Paul Baumann
23. MCC Corpus Christi (Texas) – Rev. Ken Ehrke, Interim Pastor
24. MCC Detroit (Michigan) – Rev. Mark Bidwell, Pastor
25. MCC Elizabethtown (Kentucky) – Rev. Cathy Porter, Pastor
26. MCC Family in Christ (Fort Collins, Colorado) – Rev. Ken Pilot, Pastor
27. MCC Fredericksburg (Virginia) – Rev. Paulette Armstead, Interim Pastor
28. MCC Good Shepherd (Granville, Australia) – Rev. Robert Clark, Pastor
29. MCC Las Vegas (Nevada) – Rev. Wayne Lindsey, Pastor
30. MCC London (Ontario, Canada) – Rev. Paul Whiting, Pastor
31. MCC Los Angeles (California) – Rev. Dr. Neil Thomas, Pastor
32. MCC Lubbock (Texas) – Rev. Renae Phillips, Pastor
33. MCC New Haven (Connecticut) – Rev. Marilyn Bowens, Pastor
34. MCC Newcastle Upon Tyne (England) – Rev. Cecilia Eggleston, Pastor; Rev. Pressley Sutherland, Interim Pastor
35. MCC of Greater St. Louis (Missouri) – Rev. Carol Trissel, Pastor
36. MCC of New York (New York) – Rev. Pat Bumgardner, Pastor
37. MCC of Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Virginia) – Rev. Dr. Kharma Amos, Pastor
38. MCC of Paducah (Kentucky) – Rev. Lillian Ferguson, Pastor
39. MCC of the Blue Ridge (Roanoke, Virginia) – Rev. Joe Cobb, Pastor
40. MCC of the Palm Beaches (Florida) – Rev. Dr. Lea Brown, Pastor
41. MCC of the Spirit (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania) – Rev. Lori E. Rivera, Pastor
42. MCC of Topeka (Kansas) – Rev. Dr. Ty Sweeting, Pastor
43. MCC Rehoboth (Delaware) – Rev. K’Lynne McKinley, Pastor
44. MCC Richmond (Virginia) – Rev. Dr. Robin Gorsline, Pastor
45. MCC Sacred Journey (Hendersonville, North Carolina) – Rev. Jane Nelson, Pastor
46. MCC San Antonio (Texas) – Rev. Mick Hinson, Pastor
47. MCC San Francisco (California) – Rev. Dr. William Knight, Pastor
48. MCC Washington, DC – Rev. Dwayne Johnson, Pastor
49. MCC Winston-Salem (North Carolina) – Rev. Ron LaRocque, Pastor
50. Milwaukee MCC (Wisconsin) – Rev. Wendy Woodruff, Pastor
51. New Creation MCC (Columbus, Ohio) – Rev. Margaret Hawk, Pastor
52. New Hope MCC (Montgomery, Alabama) – Rev. Jo Crisco, Pastor
53. New Life MCC (Charlotte, North Carolina) – Rev. Mark Deane Pastor
54. New Light MCC (Hagerstown, Maryland) – Rev. Michael Hydes, Pastor
55. New Spirit MCC (Cincinnati, Ohio) – Open Pulpit
56. Open Arms MCC (Rochester, New York) – Rev. Jim Mulcahy, Pastor
57. Open Circle at The Villages MCC (Florida) – Rev. Carol Rawlings-Chambers, Pastor
58. Our Hope MCC (Athens, Georgia) – Rev. Dr. Renee DuBose, Pastor
59. Peninsula MCC (San Mateo, California) – Rev. Terri Echelbarger, Pastor
60. Pikes Peak MCC (Colorado Springs, Colorado) – Rev. Wes Mullins, Pastor
61. Redeemer MCC (Flint, Michigan) – Rev. Ed Yates, Pastor
62. Resurrection MCC (Houston, Texas) – Rev. Harry Knox, Pastor
63. Resurrection Beach MCC (Costa Mesa, California) – Open Pulpit
64. River of Life MCC (Dorchester, England) – Rev Catherine Dearlove, Pastor
65. Saint John the Apostle MCC (Fort Myers, Florida) – Rev. Steve Filizzi, Pastor
66. Saint Jude’s MCC (Wilmington, North Carolina) – Rev. John McLaughlin, Pastor
67. Spirit of Life MCC (New Port Richey, Florida) – Rev. Vickie Miller, Interim Pastor
68. SunCoast Cathedral MCC (Venice, Florida) – Rev. Dr. Sherry Kennedy, Pastor
69. The Rock MCC (Chattanooga, Tennessee) – Rev. Brad Rice, Pastor
70. Tree of Life MCC (Ann Arbor, Michigan) – Rev. Dr. Fran Mayes, Pastor
71. Trinity MCC (Gainesville, Florida) – Rev. Jim Merritt, Pastor
72. Water of Life MCC (Tucson, Arizona) – Rev. Dr. Charlie Arehart, Pastor