Program Support/Data Analyst for Metropolitan Community Churches
This position is responsible for ongoing analysis of tithe/membership information, obtained from a variety of sources, including tithe reports, annual reports, surveys, registration databases and demographic data. It involves development and preparation of information products for MCC staff and members. It requires the ability to analyze data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. It requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service. Additional duties of this position relate to posting information to the MCC website, and as such the position requires a basic level of skill with web content management systems and blogging software.
The description below covers the primary duties and skills required for success as Program Support Analyst/Data Analyst.
- Accurately recording tithe and membership information
- Analysis and reporting of tithe and membership data
- Developing standardized reports and custom analysis using tithe and membership data
- Posting documents to the appropriate place on the MCC website
- Assist with MCC website maintenance through content management system (WordPress primarily).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with Excel
- Demonstrated experience using advanced Excel features and techniques
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data required
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products
- Ability to consult with data users to formulate analysis request parameters
- Database application development and maintenance (e.g., church databases)
- Excellent personal communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently, with experience working in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use computer hardware and software
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Proficiency in WordPress or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Constant Contact is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Coursework in statistics, data analysis, research methods or decision support
- IT/website courses or subsequent training
Other Important Information
- Full time, 37.5 hours, benefits eligible based on our Employee handbook.
- Location: Sarasota, Florida, USA
- Relocation package is not available
- Reports to: Barb Crabtree, Director of Operations
- Response needed by August 24, 2012
- If interested, please submit resume & cover letter to