Job Title: Pastor, MCC New Orleans
Overview: MCC New Orleans is looking for a motivated individual who is ready and willing to take our great church to the next level.
- The position will require 40-55 hours a week including, but not limited to, sermon preparation and worship services. The pastor will be directly involved in the ordering of all worship services and will participate in and officiate scheduled worship services.
- The performance of the Sacraments and rites as deemed appropriate by the UFMCC will be the responsibility of the incoming pastor.
- Attendance at church-sponsored activities and events as part of the weekly work schedule.
- All duties of the pastor will be in accordance with the UFMCC Clergy Code of Conduct.
The Ideal Candidate for this position exhibits skills/experience/qualities as follows:
- Demonstrates excitement for the journey MCC New Orleans is on and embraces our established core values, mission, and vision.
- Exhibits a readiness to reach out to the New Orleans community through targeted outreach and diligent follow up to continue efforts to grow our church.
- Committed to working with a diverse congregation on all levels including race, gender, sexual identity, age, class, religious background, political ideologies, educational level, mental or physical abilities, etc.
- Proponent of human rights and the LGBTQ communities.
- Proficient in theology with appreciation and inclusion of multiple faith backgrounds as well as a strong desire to further their faith.
- Appreciates that each individual is on his or her own spiritual journey and can minister effectively to all.
- Experience in ministry and as a spiritual leader.
- Embraces responsibility for worship planning, ministry development, and decision making alongside the lay leadership of the church through facilitative leadership and obtainable, measurable goals. Administrative skills are also a must.
- Displays an ability to work closely with the church leadership as well as the congregation and community at large.
- Talented at motivating and bringing increased awareness to an already committed and energetic congregation.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and technology skills.
- Possesses strong organizational and administrative skills while maintaining flexibility.
- Displays excellent time management skills, reliability and follow through.
- Possesses excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and mediation skills and is undaunted at tackling challenging and tough issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to appreciate and embrace the New Orleans culture and the diversity that comes along with it.
- Possesses a substantial degree of self-awareness and motivations.
- Aware and mindful of proficiencies and limitations of abilities, experience and training, and is able to discern when to refer a congregant to clinical professionals (therapists, counsellors, etc.)
- Displays a high degree of critical thinking–including but not limited to–problem solving, thinking “outside-the-box”, and is a lifelong learner.
- Exhibits honesty, trustworthiness and integrity at all times.
- Possesses a jovial spirit, a humble heart, warmth towards people and the ability to find the humour in the situation.
Salary: To be negotiated and commensurate with experience.
Please send a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an applicant packet. Letters of interest received until position is filled.